Monday, January 10, 2005

C1 and C2 Definitions Posted

When we danced at Ben Rubright's C3A week at McCloud Dance Country last September, I asked Ben for permission to post his C1 and C2 definitions  on this web site. At that time, my database consisted only of C3 and C4 calls.

Ben gave permission to do so, and I've just finished posting his definitions. So now the database includes most calls from C1 through C4. (Many of the newer C4 concepts are not in the database.)

My database actually contains a lot more than just definitions. It also includes starting and ending formations for most calls, and some bibliographic information such as author, call number in Burleson's Encyclopedia, and so on. There are also pictures for many C3-C4 calls.

The calls Ben contributed each contain the attribution "Definition courtesy of Ben Rubright." The bibliographic information is from Clark Baker's infamous Lisp database. I quickly scratched out
the starting and ending formations myself, and if there are any errors you can blame those on me, not on Ben or Clark.

Unfortunately, there were few pictures for C1 and C2 calls in Clark's database, and I don't have time to put them together from scratch right now. So you'll find only a few pictures for C1 and C2 calls.

The database is here:
www.mixed-up.com/definitions/


No comments:

Post a Comment