Saturday, July 25, 2015

Looking for a web hosting service

I'm looking for a web hosting service that has available all these facilities: PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby, C++, Java, C#, Swift, Golang, and MySQL available from all those languages. I've written a tutorial that shows how to do web programming in all those languages, but there is no hosting service that has them all available out of the box, and it's hard to find a custom installation that will handle both C# (a Windows technology) and Swift (a Mac technology). My Mac can do it all, but its connection to the net is slow. Dreamhost and A Small Orange say they can handle this with a VPS, which I'd have to set up myself, but I'm skeptical that Ubuntu could run Swift or xcrun, even if C# can be executed by Mono, so it's hard to see how I could get both those languages running together on the same server unless it's a Mac. Any other suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment