Thursday, November 18, 2004

Progress Report: Recovery from Bicycle Accident

We have an appointment for follow-up with the orthopedic surgeon on November 24 (the day before Thanksgiving). In preparation, we have to have x-rays done again. We plan to do that tomorrow afternoon (Thursday).

After experiencing a lot of pain the weekend of November 6-7, things have gotten a lot better. I have a lot more mobility in my hip, and pain is infrequent. I usually have pain after sitting in a hard chair, like in my computer room, in the kitchen, or at church. But a lot less pain when sitting in the softer chair in front of the TV. :-)

We hope that the doctor will OK me to start putting weight on the left leg next week. The initial estimate was six to eight weeks, and we just passed the five week mark. We are encouraged by the
much-decreased stiffness and pain over the last few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment