Friday, July 1, 2005

Most Popular Round Dances of 2004-2005

Every year in July, just before URDC, I post the most popular 100 dances of the previous twelve months. This according to my count of how many times each dance has been done or been on a request list for any festival that I know about.

The purpose of this list is to let me know which dances I want to work on if I want to be able to dance the most at an upcoming festival.

The following dances have been on the list all four years 2002-2005:

Adeline
All That Jazz
Am I Blue
Amapola
And I Love You So
Bard, The
Begin To Color Me
Beyond
Boulavogue
Cavatina
Children, The
Doolittle Cha
Falling Into You
Fiesta Tango
Fortuosity
Hola Chica
Java Jive
Jean
Kiss Me Goodbye Rumba
Laurann
London By Night
Mujer
Papillon
Patricia Cha
Sam's Song
Sleeping Beauty
Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
Sunflower
Symphony
Tampa Jive
Tango Capriccioso
Through Your Eyes
Tonight
Wounded Heart
Wyoming Lullaby

The following dances are brand new this year:

A La Playa
Anastasia
And That Reminds Me
Boom Boom
Chilly Chilly Cha
Close Every Door
Dark Waltz
Five Guys Named Moe
Gotta Get on this Train
I Do I Do I Do
Just Another Woman in Love
Knock On Wood
Libertango
Look At Me I'm Sandra Dee
Looking Through Your Eyes
On and On
Rhythm of My Heart
Right Here Waiting
Scheherazade
Starlight Express
Take A Bow
This Is The Life
Waltz In Heaven, A
Way You Do, The
You Forget
-

In a separate article, I've posted predictions for the URDC Top 15
based on the figures that created this list.


No comments:

Post a Comment